- Weekend 1: We bought one-way tickets to Los Angeles, where we will be staying in the cutest little Airbnb that we've rented in Venice Beach for the weekend with some of our best friends.
- Monday: We leave LA to drive up the coast to Big Sur, potentially stopping in Santa Barbara along the way for lunch.
- Tuesday/Wednesday: We'll be staying in a yurt at Treebones for two nights and exploring Big Sur.
- Wednesday/Thursday: Wednesday we'll continue the drive up to Carmel for a night, and will be doing the 17-mile drive along the way.
- Weekend 2: We'll end the trip in San Francisco, were we'll be visiting one of josh's best friends and celebrating his 28th birthday! Then we fly back to the good old east coast from San Francisco on Sunday.
So here is my ask to you! Over the next month or so, I would LOVE any and all recommendations when it comes to things to do, see, eat or visit during our time out west (road map below). Given that I've wanted to take this trip for years, I have tons of notes jotted down already, but I always find that the best tips come from people I know. We'll be renting some type of vehicle, so can make necessary pit stops along the way, or even veer off the beaten path to see anything worth seeing (or eat anything worth eating). ;)
We've always been a little overwhelmed by the prospect of visiting California because there's so much that we want to see and do there, so we are definitely going to try and squeeze as much into these 10 days as possible. And I also know that there are so many amazing CA destinations that aren't on the road map for this trip (San Diego, Napa, Lake Tahoe, we are coming for you!), and we certainly would love to return to see even more in the future. But for now, these stops are all we feel comfortable squeezing into this particular trip, while still having time to relax, enjoy time with friends, and soak it all in!
So thanks for reading, and please feel free to reach out with any and all travel recommendations! I will be sure to share photos after our trip and in the meantime, you can follow along on our travels at #joshandlutravels. Have a great weekend!