The dog days of summer are sadly nearing their end but I'm hoping that the next few weeks will be some of the most sunny and sticky yet. And plenty of sunshine to come means there's still plenty of time for some summer outfits! I always get a lot of my favorite summer clothes towards the end of August, because that's when everything that I've been eyeing all season goes on sale and you get the best deals. Here's what's on my end-of-summer wish list.
1. This pretty pink dress for a night out // NastyGal
2. This cozy black & white striped T-shirt dress // Amazon
3. Slip on heels! The easiest way to look stylish on the run // Amazon
4. A simple, neutral tote bag // Amazon
5. I've just about worn through my go-to comfy heels that I walk to work in. These would be a perfect replacement // Amazon
6. This girly shift dress - gotta squeeze that white in before Labor Day! // Lulus
7. My new favorite (and very stylish) chapstick! I love the pomegranate flavor, but want to try the others* // Amazon
8. I already have this dress in the pink/green and love it so much I may have to get it in another color! // Lulus
9. This pretty bird tunic // Amazon
10. Loving these suede sandals with a thin ankle strap // Urban Outfitters
11. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future serum. I really want to start using an anti-aging cream, especially after abusing my skin in the sun all summer, and I've heard great things about this one!* // Amazon
12. This stacking gold ring set - I love how delicate they look // Lulus
13. I've been eyeing this printed babydoll dress all summer // Free People
14. This flowy, free-spirited maxi dress with an open racer-back // Urban Outfitters
15. This bohemian-print dress // Free People
16. This tote bag - I've had a thing for navy lately and it would be perfect for my laptop! // Amazon
17. These stacked wooden heels would look great with a dress or transition perfectly into fall // Urban Outfitters
18. Loving these geometric earrings // Lulus
19. This shirtdress looks super high-fashion (but is so inexpensive!) // Amazon
Do you have any summer favorites that you've bought online this year? If so, feel free to comment with links below, I'd love to see them! My shopping list always has room to grow. :)
*I received these products complimentary for testing purposes. All words & opinions are my own.
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Friday, August 15, 2014
In other news, josh and I (and friends) are in a co-ed softball summer softball league and our team won this week! (note: this was no thanks to me). I'm pretty pumped for the rest of the season and the fact that all games will be played on the Esplanade fields, which are right around the corner from us. I loved playing right beside the water last night and also walking home after the game, with cars buzzing by on Storrow drive on one side and the gleaming, moonlit Charles River on the other. It made me really appreciate this city life we are living. Go team!
- I'm not from New York, but this made me laugh. Hipsters, man.
- I love this idea for bedside tables!
- The prettiest drinks I think I've ever seen.
- The most perfect bagel bar.
- A lonely grandfather gets a new companion, and his reaction his heart-melting.
- Boston remembers Robin Williams. It was so nice walking by the bench this week and seeing such an outpouring of love. He will surely be remembered.
- I don't want to start thinking about fall already, but these are my new favorite pumpkins.
- These are definitely going to be my next homemade popsicles.
- An Airbnb listing I am dying to check out.
Have a great weekend! I'll be heading to one of my favorite places in the world and I'll be sure to take lots of photos while I'm there. Feel free to follow along on Instagram (I'm @lindseybach) if you want to see what we're up to.
Labels: Life Lately
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Here's how to make the most of a summer weekend in Burlington:
Get lunch (or breakfast) at City Market: In the morning, head to City Market, Burlington's local co-op, to stock up on food for the day. I almost always get a custom sandwich at their sandwich bar (the chicken pesto is my fave) or make my own concoction at the veggie-packed salad station. Then, I pick out a local cheese (my favorite is the Blue Ledge Farm lake's edge goat cheese) and a loaf of Klingers bread. Next, I grab a 6-pack of local beer, usually something in cans if I am heading to the beach for the day. The last stop is the self-serve granola isle for something sweet, where I generally fill up a generous bag of the maple granola before heading to the check-out line. But then there's always something extra that you see on your way out that looks amazing and you just have to try. This past weekend it was the lemon poppyseed shortbread bites from Douglas Sweets. And yes, they were so good I devoured the whole bag.
^ Mallet's Bay//Colchester, VT
^ North Beach// Burlington, VT Summer 2011
^ Oakledge// Burlington, VT Summer 2011
^ Red Rocks// South Burlington, VT Summer 2010
^ Boating on Lake Champlain//Summer 2010
^ Boating on Lake Champlain//Summer 2010
^ Captain Mac//Summer 2010
^ Mallet's Bay, VT//Summer 2010
^ Mallet's Bay, VT//Summer 2014
#1 rated beer in the world is over. Heady Topper is an India Pale Ale brewed by the Alchemist in Waterbury, VT and is sold only in limited production so is nearly impossible to find outside Vermont. Luckily, most of the restaurants in Burlington are stocked so be sure to order one at dinner or head to a nearby bar to have one after. At 8% alcohol with hints of citrus flavor, it truly is a treat.
Bluebird on Church street and Burlington Bay down the hill by the water.
Higher Ground and Signal Kitchen's websites to look at show listings. This past weekend happened to be Burlington's martime music festival down at the waterfront, so josh and I were able to snag tickets last minute to see the Avett Brothers, who were great. I've been to a few shows down at the waterfront and it's really the summer perfect venue to enjoy good music and beautiful views of the lake at night.
Until next time, VT.